FREE SEND ADVOCACY Training Day Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Wednesday 15th August 10-3pm
- 10-12pm - Using CEN's portal and Salesforce - essential update and training
- 1pm-3pm - Providing Effective Advocacy Support for SEND cases
(The majority of CEN's cases involve children or young people with SEND - this training will provide you with the knowledge and skills to help build your confidence to take on these cases)
This one-day introductory session is for:
- Parents and carers who want to gain the essential skills and knowledge to empower themselves.
- Parents and carers that have children at risk of school exclusion or who have been excluded.
- Community members, law students and legal practitioners who would like to develop their understanding of advocacy and school exclusions.
- Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer advocate for Communities Empowerment Network and helping us meet the huge demand for our services, especially with regards to SEND.
What you will cover:
First-hand demonstration of CEN's newly launched Parent-Portal.
Understanding the point of view of the parent and child.
Understanding the school environment and types of exclusion that schools enforce.
Identifying when children are more likely to be at risk at of exclusion and the strategies to put in place to avoid exclusion.
Increasing your knowledge about the legal aspects of exclusion.
Understanding the importance of recording information and how to ask critical questions to prepare an effective case.
Cost: Free of charge, booking essential: